Join the Minecraft Education Battle of the Boroughs Challenge
What is the Battle of the Boroughs?
The Battle of the Boroughs is a DOE-wide Minecraft build challenge. Challenge your students to design and build a space in Minecraft: Education Edition that supports sustainable communities and reduces inequities for everyone in New York City; whether in their home borough, their neighborhood, or throughout all five boroughs! Drawing from the UN Sustainable Development Goals and NYC’s strategic plan OneNYC 2050, challenge students to think about what they want to add or improve and why their concept(s) will make for a better New York City tomorrow!
How do I get started?
- REGISTER NOW for the webinars!
- Tuesday, April 13 from 3:30-4:30pm – Minecraft Education Battle of the Boroughs Kick-off
- Tuesday, April 20 from 3:30-4:30pm – UN Sustainable Development Goals: Supporting Students in Building a Solution in Minecraft to Enhance NYC's Future
- Check out the DOE Minecraft Challenge webpage for instructions and helpful tips.
When is the challenge?
- The Battle of the Boroughs Challenge launches Tuesday, April 13, 2021!
- Part 1: Build a Better Tomorrow
- Open to all DOE students
- Submissions are due to Flipgrid
- High School Deadline: Monday, May 3, 2021
- Elementary and Middle School Deadline: Friday, May 14, 2021
- Best submissions from each grade will be showcased in a Flipgrid Mixtape in June 2021.
- Part 2: Battle of the Boroughs – Live Esport Competition
- For selected middle and high school students there is a part 2 to this challenge. Check out the DOE Minecraft Challenge webpage for more information about this exciting live-build esport competition!